Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Energy.

Lately I have been lacking in energy. This was especially true for most of the month of October. I spent many of my days off laying in my bed, staring out my window, watching the leaves change colour and eventually fall off the branches they were attached to.




I knew there was all kinds of stuff for me to do yet I simply had no motivation to do it. I had no energy and eventually it started to hurt my education and ability to learn in class- I was becoming dependant on coffee to keep me awake physically but mentally I would not be there.

I knew that something had to change- I had to become more motivated to get work done. One of the goals I had set for myself this summer was to go to they gym more and get in shape and I had been putting this off. I decided that I would start going to the gym on the mornings that I didn't have class. This would force me to wake up- get out of bed- and start my day.

Since I started going to the gym I admit- I have been much more energetic. All it took was the discipline to get out of bed and go, to feed my body the exercise that it needs to function. When I exercise physically my mental processes are much more aware and energetic as well.

In the same way we need to look after our Spiritual Well Being. It is easy to lose sight of the importance of daily time with God- spending time in His word. Otherwise our spiritual selves will end up laying around watching leaves lose nutrients, die, and eventually fall of the branches. But LUCKILY those leaves can return.

Spiritual well being is central to the mental and physical well being. How can we lay around when we see what Christ has done for us? Where does your motivation come from? How is your spiritual tree? Is it green and lush, orange and on its way out, or has it become completely barren?

No comments:

Post a Comment