Tuesday, January 10, 2012

...Determination.

So, this whole going to the gym thing hasn't being going as great as I hopped. And On top of that I haven't been putting my gym lifestyle to practice outside of the gym.

I still eat whatever I want. I justify it because I never gain weight (except for that 10 pounds I gained over Christmas which actually brought me to about the weight I like to be). I Am not going to the gym to lose weight, by no means. I go to gain muscle, become a stronger person and develop my endurance (which is like zip).

I have discovered that this journey is a whole lot more than simply physical strength. It is challenging my mental strength as well. Every time I decide to go to the gym I have a battle in my mind which usually goes:

"I am going to the gym tomorrow, set the alarm, find some people, lets do this"
...Then I forget. Now its not like I intentionally forget to invite friends, or set the alarm, okay, maybe I do. But at least I had the initial thought!

On that rare occasion that I do set the alarm or tell people I am going there is that conversation JUST prior to actually leaving, you know the one.

*Beep*Beep*Beep*Beep*
"Ugh, whose alarm is going off in the middle of the night?"
"Why wont it shut up!?"
"Oh, its mine" (Since i am the only one who is ever home it makes sense)
"6:30!? That is too early, what was I thinking!?"
*Crawl back in bed*

...an hour later
"Awh man, I was supposed to go to the gym"


OR! Like today, I planned on going in the afternoon but was in a meeting that got out half hour late. Therefore I only had 45 minutes to spare before work. I am the KING of excuses and I have learned that they won't always work. Today I conquered those excuses and I actually went to the gym.... I stayed for 25 minutes, but I was still there!

So, In summary:
Gym life needs to meet real life in order to reach the best results.
No excuses need to stand between me and the gym (even if for just 20 minutes a day)
AND! I need to go to bed earlier.


Any of this sound oddly familiar to the Christian Walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment