Friday, April 13, 2012

Why I'm Dreading Dying

Many people do not think about death.
Especially many people like me.
22 years old, perfectly healthy, sleep lots, eat well, work out a few times a week, studying and building up a future for myself.

I have plans and dreams for the future but then I think...
"What if I die?"

You know the first thing that comes to my mind?
It isn't, how will my loved ones feel?
It isn't, what will heaven be like?
It isn't, will everyone be okay?
It isn't, who will get my stuff?

My thought is... Will I actually die?

Today people are not actually dying, they still live, their friends never grieve, never say goodbye. I do not want this I want to die but I fear that my Facebook Profile will keep me alive way past my earthly death.

I think it is safe to say now that we all have had Facebook friends who have passed away. Year after year their profile remains as a reminder to their 'friends' that they once existed, the new timeline now even allows us to go back and look at their life in a quick click, looking at all the times you may have shared with them, all the conversations you had with them online can be relived again and again.

I fear that when I die people will not actually say goodbye to me but they will remain 'friends' with a dead person. I even have friends who, every time they upload a status they add a tag RIP *insert friends name* This isn't allowing the person to rest peacefully, this is keeping them alive online and in the minds and hearts of not only the person posting the status but all the people who read it as well. The person is not really resting, not in our lives- they are still living.



So please, when I die, let me die.

Kill me off.

Destroy me.

Let Me Rest.

Move On and Forget me. Please. I will worshiping my Creator and honestly, not thinking about you, so you should rest in peace and allow me to die. Even on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment