Saturday, January 26, 2013

Vanilla Coke....

This past week I have REALLY missed Vanilla Coke. Growing up I drank the stuff like there was no tomorrow, and then one day there wasn't. One day Vanilla Coke suffered the ill fate that so many others have suffered, it was pulled off the shelf. Gone.

As time went on I grew older and had moved on from the delicious nectar, found other loves (coffee soon became my new addiction). Then, when I was out to celebrate my dear friends birthday last month I decided I would treat myself to a sugary drink (usually I order water). To my surprise the particular restaurant we were dining at had Vanilla Coke! At long last, we had been re-united.

Sadly the drink at said restaurant is $4.00 for a glass. Over the last month and I have thought "going and ordering just a glass of pop wouldn't be that bad, would it?" I never did return, but when my wife brought home cans of coke today I had to give it a try and I added vanilla extract to my glass of Coke. It tastes quite wonderful, a sweetness overload, but I think I put in too much vanilla.
An hour and a half later my glass still sits half full, or half empty.

 ...I guess it's true what they say, Too Much Of A Good Thing....

1 comment:

  1. Sobey's now sells it by the can here. Maybe there too?
    But always,
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
    ~ JLevy

    ReplyDelete